Thursday, February 20, 2014



The Kelly Incident Of 1955
My novelization of the original Kelly-Hopkinsville alien encounter of 1955 was published in August 2004. Why did I write the story in the first place? For a couple of reasons.

One, I grew up in that area so I had lots of experience with the people and their attitudes. So I knew that the story was true. No one in that area would make up a story like this for any reason. The social pressures even now are just too great and the price they would have to pay in ridicule and ostracism is just too high.

Two, people all over the world and all through history have experienced similar mysteries, though the particular aliens involved in the Kelly story are unique. I wanted to bring the Kelly story to life. I wanted readers to feel what the Suttons and Taylor must have gone through to experience such a terrifying ordeal. I also wanted to include a number of other historical UFO accounts. Finally, I wanted to take the story in a new direction with a fictional plot by having the investigators experience some of the same phenomena. Also I wanted to include some of my pet theories and make the whole story a kind of UFO primer so the reader can quickly be brought up to speed with a brief history of phenomena.

Three, there has been no explanation for the Kelly encounter from the authorities. It continues to be an unsolved mystery. By bringing it back into public awareness, the story can be considered with a fresh approach. Perhaps a reader will come up with a completely new idea about what it was that invaded the Sutton farm 49 years ago.

The book is published by Gate Way Publishers and is available at http://www.freewebs.com/thekellyincident

ak

Blogarama



Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment