Monday, June 24, 2013



Ufo Media Frenzy
This has turned out to be quite a week... Hot on the heels of being referred to extensively in Jack Brewer's splendid article about UFO predictions, I learned that a UFO case I investigated last year was chosen by MUFON as one of the Top Ten UFO sightings of 2012!

Honestly, I didn't know there was a contest going on. Had I known, I would have gone for all ten of the top spots! Why didn't anyone tell me? "I could have been making prize-winning shit up all year!"

I know right now you're thinking, Cripes, Mark gets sent out on so many wild and amazing investigations, which one could have been picked for the Top Ten?" Well, it all happened about a year ago when I was called out to investigate my first Close Encounter case. As it was only my fourth investigation as a MUFON Certified Field Investigator, I felt pretty special to be handed a CE1K!

Only ten people get chosen for this award every year. Ten!

I have no idea what sorts of fame and fortune will ensue from being named to the Top Ten, but I'm expecting a boatload of each. I've already been interviewed by a columnist for the "Milwaukee Journal Sentinel" for a piece in their Sunday issue, so I'll provide the link to that when the time comes. Unless it's completely embarrassing, in which case you'll have to hunt for it yourself.

It's hard to tell which way this guy might go in his column. I rarely read newspapers anymore, but I gather that he sees himself as Milwaukee's Dave Berry, so he might be looking for an easy target for cheap laughs (I have some experience with that). He was, in general, fairly sober and respectful throughout the interview, but about halfway through he said, "You know, you seem like a pretty normal guy." This was clearly a surprise to him.

I simply said, "Thank you! I take pride in that."

Next up: a TV news interview.



Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment