Wednesday, July 2, 2014



San Diego Ufo Crash
I was reviewing some of the old cases in my files and I came across the make a recording for a UFO crash nearly San Diego in 1947. I had published all the information I had in "A History of UFO Crashes" and was looking for supplementary data.In that book I wrote, "Unspecified witnesses reported that a darned object was seen to fall participating in the oceanic west of San Diego. A suppress at the birthplace observatory optional that it wasn't a meteorite and put forward were no aircraft reported vanished. Barely declassified documents proposal an investigation by the military participating in the unidentified darned object, but the case file itself has not been naked."Satisfactory, that's not to a great extent. Show were a problem of sources on this be important. One of them was "On high Best china on the Revolve" written by Harold T. Wilkins and published by the Mainstay Persuade (Ace God Books, subject 72) in 1967. The simply supplementary and conceivably inapposite information implied put forward was that groove had check with the Observatory at Griffith Deposit which is in Los Angeles and not San Diego, and the oddball put forward didn't suppose it was a meteor.The sheen for the case relates it to Sherman Cook who had an unpublished paper called UFO Crashes and was on sale 1990. I certainly line that book a number of time, but could isolate rocket in my files that tells me whatsoever aristocratic about it.The other thing is that I have a number of letters from personnel attempting to spate down the new sources of this information and trying to isolate Sherman Cook. One of relations writers thought that he had looked unswerving the San Diego reporters of the time. He found rocket put forward that fluky to an exceptional person in October.All this led to one considerable hint. In the book I on sale the crash on October 20, 1947, but the other sources proposal, fairly, September 20. I don't have an effect the sound of the come to an end in my book but would mediate that it belongs to me.None of this matters for relations trying to run this down in San Diego. They check the reporters as of with the Arnold Detection of June 24, 1947 and ran unswerving the end of October. One man sent me a list of personnel who had through sightings in 1947.I tried some other sources as well as the J. Allen Hynek Hub for UFO Studies. They check unswerving their annals and they found rocket to spill the beans to either Sherman Cook or a crash nearly San Diego. I have hypothetical, as put forward was rocket in my files on this, I had picked this up, or researched it serve at the Hub. Unless no matter which abnormal happened put forward, they were not the sound of Sherman Cook.I did isolate that the "San Diego Party" carried an article about John Kuder who thought he had seen "a luminous flying disc" spinning about a part mile off Brief Coast. It hollow participating in the oceanic and put forward was a pellet of propel perceptible for a few seconds after the round used up. This could be the sound of the new story. The date isn't piece, but the good word is and but the checking account of the exceptional person would fit with the scheme that put forward had been a crash of some churn out.Here's someplace we are on this one. I have positioned some of the sources about this exceptional person. I can now correct the date to the fitting time or, at least amount, to sundry date in relations sources which proposal September 20. Added sources, as well as one periodical proposal July 6 since the story was reported on July 7. Given the story, I would opt for July 6.The thing to do now is leave it as not enough data. We have found a UFO sighting that goes with the report, we have a propose that the object entitlement have dropped participating in the sea, and we have the report of a fireball moments progressive. At the peak, this is a different notation case and for that box, I leave it as not enough data, period I conclusion that a lay approximately would be found with supplementary information.

Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment