Wednesday, August 25, 2010



By Countess Elena
"I love the fact that the Grand Galactic Inquisitor in the Venture Bros. closely resembles a spaceman in one of the UFO books I read as a kid in the '70s - it was an actual "sighting" and phenomenon that turned out to be a barn owl in a tree or something. But the Venture Bros. illustration is exactly like the illustration in the book I read."

Looks like the Flatwoods Monster to me. If it isn't, I'd sure like to know what the heck it is, because I like to think I know all the old classic sightings.

Here's something this reminds me of. Sometime in '94 or '95 I was reading the "Fortean Times" -- you know, like you do -- and I saw a picture of some other alien spotted on the moors. It was of course blurry and indistinct, but it was creepy. Looked like a small faceless creature waving an arm. The spotter (who was of course described as a no-nonsense middle-aged man with a good reputation) said that after he took the picture, the thing turned itself into a silver capsule and disappeared into the sky. Does anyone remember that one, or the backstory on it?

Credit: project-ufo.blogspot.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment